13 August 2007

Handing it Over


As it turns out, Uncle Dale is now Bishop Dale and does not have the time that he had originally hoped to contribute regularly to this blog about Iceland and it's missionaries. He handed the reins over to me last week in hopes that I would be able to post things about Iceland and the missionaries more regularly. Hopefully I will post things that are interesting to you who have served as missionaries there. I will post things that are currently happening with folks in Iceland as well as a few things about my work here at BYU. I am in charge of the International Admissions Office at BYU. The picture you see here is of me and my boss, George Vaieland. He just retired two weeks ago and I took his place. He was at the university for 33 years. I see lots of people in my office from all over the world since I work in the International Admissions Office at BYU. Anyone who applies from Iceland comes through my office. Currently Friðrik Guðmundsson is the only Icelander on campus right now, but others like Unnur Ólafsdóttir and Þórbergur Sigurjónsson have been on campus recently. I see Friðrik about three times a month when he drops by. He teaches Icelandic on campus, so if any of you are in the area and want to take a class from him, I'm sure he would love it. There are never enough people taking his classes. We could use more who are passionate about Iceland.

No comments: